Tuesday, September 1, 2009

*Edit* Actually Task 2 - read up

One argument against 23 Things? That it takes time.

I don’t think finding the time to do this is really the hard part. For many librarians, finding the drive or initiative to do this is the hard part. Perhaps fear that everything is going to change all at once is what keeps some people from exploring new “2.0” stuff. However, you don’t even have to implement any of these products or services to have gained from knowing about them. So your library doesn’t rush out and set up a flickr. It might still help to know about it when a patron wanders in asking questions about it.

I’m more or less a digital native. I’m perhaps not the target audience for 23 Things. However, I’m looking forward to thinking about these 2.0 tools from a fresh perspective. I want to remember what it’s like not to understand RSS feeds. That’s where lots of my patrons are. That’s where my co-workers with 100 bookmarks in their browser are. I’m certain I’ll learn some new tricks along the way!

1 comment:

  1. How about an former co-worker with 24 things in her favorites? Thanks for the info and will follow to learn more.

    ReplyDelete