Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Task 20 - MyFace

My Grandma said, "Do you have a MyFace Account?"

My dad is totally paranoid that my sister and I are going to get stalked because of Facebook...but he totally loves looking at people's profiles and being, well, a bit of a stalker.

I've got a Facebook. I've got a MySpace. I keep up with my cousins that way. I also ignore about 3/4 of my friends. I'd bet that's pretty typical.

As for Facebook and MySpace in libraries: If your library's filters block them, then your library shouldn't have an institutional Facebook/MySpace. If your library doesn't block them, go for it. However, don't be a stalker library and track down your patrons. That's practically like hanging a sign around their digital necks that they have a library card with you. Let them come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment