Saturday, September 26, 2009

Task 22 - Maintain this blog?

Nope. I don't blog. I blog for our library...but not for me. Task 22: fail.

However, I think the most important thing to come away with from 23 Things is not a blog. It's a better understanding of what kinds of web tools patrons are using, might use, or are talking about. It's imperative that librarians on the "front lines" know as much about the web as they do about what the headlines in the newspaper are. (Even more so as newspapers are dying :( and news will be on the web darn near exclusively.)

Here's a suggestion; if you can't figure out Flickr or the next web 2.0 thing you explore, find a patron using it (a friendly one, maybe one that you already know) and ask them to show you. I'd bet they'd be thrilled to show the know-it-all-librarian something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment